Be my friend :-) Like Mommy-Morhphosis on Facebook!

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

New Rules, New Baby, New Shawn Carter. Jay-Z talks fatherhood in "Jay-Z Blue" on upcoming album Magna Carta Holy Grail

Jay-Z, hip hop titan, mogul, Beyonce's Mr. Carter and father of 1 year old Blue Ivy, has been giving Samsung Galaxy users a taste of the creative process through which he crafted his 12th studio album Magna Carta Holy Grail set for release July 9th. In an unprecedented cross industry deal the "business - man" has partnered with Samsung who bought the first million copies of the highly anticipated album and plans to give it to the first Samsung-users who downloaded the Magna Carta app in advance for free on July 4th. 







Like scores of other Android using fans of the Jigga Man, I've been checking the app daily for early insights into MCHG through song lyrics and behind the scenes videos filmed throughout the project. Recently we were introduced to "Jay-Z Blue (Daddy Dearest)" in which the rapper reflects on how his own father's absence informs the choices he now makes as husband and father. A sneak peek into the lyrics reveal a vulnerability and personal paradigm shift that often effects even the most successful and capable of us once we become parents. 



Footage of Jay discussing the track shows a side of him I don't think we've ever seen. When sharing his worries about failing his daughter there is a hint of anxiety, a bit of awkwardness, that I find endearing coming from the consummate cool dude who appears always in control. 

"I was young so he [Jay's Dad] didn’t teach me how to be a man nor how to raise a child or treat a woman. So of course, with my karma, the two things I needed I don’t have and I have a daughter. It’s the paranoia of not being a great dad.” 




It seems having a baby really does change everything. 



































No comments: